Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Shame on You!



There are times, my friend,

When no matter how
 brave the Noble Knight

No matter how swift
his Gallant Steed

No matter how pure the
 Maiden he would rescue

No matter how Just the
 cause for which he fights

There are times, my friend,

When the Dragon will still win.

-- Unknown --

But sometimes he don’t…
Kiss a Cop and an Alert Citizen


Yesterday around eight o’clock in the evening a man sees
3 young men with hoods on going into his neighbor’s car.
He went out and yelled, they ran.
He got in his car and called 911 and followed them
 until the police got all three of them.
Great job.
3 local boys… in their late teens and twenties.
What were they thinking ?
SHAME ON THEM!
What makes them think that they could just
 steal other people’s belongings?
I really wish we had some form of Public Humiliation.


Imagine carrying a sign in front of the local courthouse that reads:
 “I break into cars.”

Web page…..http://lawvibe.com/get-caught-stealing-and-face-public-humiliation/





From “ Scanner Addict”
2/8-7:42PM - 270 Parrish street male gunshot victim, shot twice in the leg.

2/8-3:27PM - 440 Madison street, resident came home and discovered back door kicked in, items missing.

2/11- 385 Madison St.- windows broken, pipes stolen

2/12- 3AM- 13 East Chestnut St.- man assaulted.

2/12- 3:15 AM – Intermodel- window smashed in car




Reports from Clipboard at Police Station
2/7 – 2/13
22 Hayes Lane- Burglary- T.V., 5 guitars, VCR, liquor, and electric keyboard

36 W. River- Theft- Ipod

343 N. Washington- stolen car. Later found by WBPD

34 S. Main St- Burglary – Cash

20 Public Square- TFMV- GPS, IPod

233 Carlisle St.- Burglary- Laptop, & 42 Inch T.V.

Hardware Bar- Public drunk and fight with injuries. Man jumped by 4 or 5 other males.

387 Madison St.- Burglary- Copper pipes

270 S. Hancock- Purse stolen

160 Blackman- license plate stolen

R. 84 Scott St.- Wielding cables stolen

296 Madison- graffiti

155 S. Welles- Theft- Laptop

Glen Street- Burglary- Rings






February 15  Times Leader
POCONO TWP. – An assault rifle headed to the Sherman Hills apartment complex in Wilkes-Barre was seized during a traffic stop on Interstate 80 on Sunday, state police at Swiftwater said.
State police said they stopped a 2003 Cadillac Deville driven by Helen Marie McAllister, 24, of Wilkes-Barre, for a traffic violation at about 5 p.m.
During the traffic stop, a trooper noticed numerous criminal indicators that resulted in a search of the vehicle, according to a state police news release.
A Saiga AK-47 assault rifle with an altered serial number was found in a bag of clothing in the trunk, along with 10- and 30-round loaded magazines, state police said. Seventeen bullets were hollow points.
State police said the weapon was headed to the apartment complex in Wilkes-Barre. McAllister and a passenger in the vehicle, Jafa Leroy McAllister, 23, of Newark, N.J., were charged with illegal possession of a firearm and possession of a firearm with an altered serial number.
Helen McAllister was also charged with having improper sun screening on the vehicle, and Jafa McAllister was further charged with firearms not to be carried without a license.
They were jailed at the Monroe County Prison for lack of $15,000 bail each.
Kiss for you State Police !!!


Good Pickin's… from the Poet

I was away from home for about two weeks, returning on January 31st. On February 2nd I had a headache and went to bed early - 9:00 pm. Normally, I am a night owl and don't go to bed until between 2:00 and 4:00 am. I believe the following incident occurred because my routine is easily monitored.
The person who broke into my apartment thought I wasn't home. No lights had been on in my apartment during the time I was away. And, they were out early on this night.

So, at 11:00 pm my ADT security alarm beeped signaling that someone just opened my door. I own a service dog who started barking like a maniac with me yelling at him to be quiet. Thank goodness we made lots of noise!
 Because, when I opened my bedroom door, no one was there! I had assumed the person who opened my door was a family member and the only other person who has a key to my apartment door.

I found that my apartment door was left ajar. I know someone picked my lock. Had I not properly closed my door before retiring the alarm would not have beeped.
The latch must be completely engaged in order for the door to beep and the door must be opened about half way for the security alarm to sound.

A formal report was not made to police as the officer I spoke with seemed certain that the deadbolt was not picked.

 ADT Security Systems representatives tell me that the type of deadbolt that is on most apartment doors is easily picked by someone with the proper tools and a little practice.

My advice to everyone living in such an apartment is to block your door with something heavy or something that will make a lot of noise if your door is opened!







No comments:

Post a Comment